Friday, August 17, 2007

The Gospel (and the Church) According to YouTube


When it comes to surfing the net (and the waves of technology), I am not so much in front as I am in one of the troughs behind--not on top of the newest things, but enjoying many of the things others have been talking about for awhile.

Have discovered the joys of YouTube here lately. (Like all the Web, you have to be careful. It is, at once, a source of blessing and curse.)

Oh, the joys of seeing Keith Green (a mentor from A&M days) in concert... and Rich Mullins...

Amidst my discoveries have been videos which stand as social commentaries on Christianity. Interesting to overhear (and admittedly, entertaining... to me, at least) are the ways the Church and Jesus are percieved.

Be advised, for those "weaned on a dill pickle" (as Hinson put it), some of this can approach irreverance.

Still, I share them. Good for a laugh... and good for reflection and prayer.

Some of the college kids directed me to this "Jesus Video" [from Vintage21]... A real hoot (to me, at least)! (Pay special attention to the "rules for church.")



Never concieved of "King of the Hill" (what few times I have suffered through it... insomnia in the middle of the night will have one watching just about anything!)... Never really thought of them as church goers:

No comments:

Post a Comment